Monday, March 28, 2011

March Madness is Mad

I wrote a post a week ago predicting winners of the remaining squads in the March Madness tournament. I should give up writing because every team I picked to advance has been ousted. Ohio St. Buckeyes- my no brainer shoe-in for the Final 4 got knocked out by the Kentucky Wildcats on a last second jumper. In my mind that game shouldn't have been close. The Buckeyes defense should have won this game going away.

The surprise of the tournament is of course Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). These guys, dubbed by many college pundits to be the least deserving of the tourney, are proving they belong. They shocked the nation by upsetting a Kansas team favored to win the matchup by 11 points by the wise guys in Vegas. Clearly this team is playing with a chip on its shoulder and now a force to be reckoned with in the Final Four.

Your Final Four teams- Uconn, Butler, Kentucky and VCU. Two Cinderella matchups with Butler and VCU squaring off ultimately will lead to one's improbably run to end. I give the slight edge to Butler. The other game, with 2 great coaches- Jim Calhoun and John Calipari going head to head is also intriguing. Uconn sports the best player in this tournament in Kemba Walker and I believe he will continue his amazing play in Houston. I look for a Butler | Uconn final. Of course, with the way things have played out, that is anything but a 50 |50 guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment